We have many Homeless or near Homeless Men and Women coming to the Mission Hall. If you would like to donate a gift bag with personal care items such as socks, mitts, and other small gifts, please contact us.
We serve single food servings. We serve coffee, tea, juice, and snacks and have canned food that can be heated in one of our 2 Microwaves. Bread is supplied to make sandwiches or can be made into toast using any of our 3 toasters. Peanut Butter and Jam is supplied as toppings.
Single Serve Food Items
- Cereal and Energy Bars
- Fruit Bars and Snacks
- Fruit and Vegetable Juices
- Fruit cups
- Cans of Fish – Tuna, Salmon, sardines etc
- Packets of Ramen Noodles
- Small cans of meat: corned beef, sausages, luncheon, ham, turkey, etc.
- Small Cans of soup
- Small Cans of Baked Beans, spaghetti, chili etc
- Small Cans of vegetables: beans, corn, peas, carrots etc
- Small Cans of fruit: peaches, pears, pineapple etc
Please Note: The size of the cans should be enough for a single serving (not the large multi-serving family cans)
Here are the main items that we require on a regular basis.
- Disposable cups (7 oz, this size cup helps prevents waste)
- Disposable soup spoons, teaspoons, forks, and knives
- Disposable plates (large and small)
- Disposable microwavable bowls (16 oz)
- Stir Sticks
- Individual packages of salt and pepper
- Black Garbage Bags (large)
As most of the people we serve are male and homeless, we prefer men’s street clothing: coats, socks, toques, scarfs, gloves, t-shirts, jeans, hoodies, blankets, sleeping bags, etc.
Bibles, Christian books, and literatures, along with office stationeries, are to be used for Bible studies and prayer meetings.
Medical Supplies need to be readily available.